Thinker, designer and UX leader with a passion for creating simple, delightful application experiences.
Sausalito, California : 7/2014 - Current
Design Director | Principal UX Designer | Freelance Consultant
- Design and deliver simple and delightful product experiences.
- Pitch ideas, submit proposals, and successfully land new clients.
- Take projects through the entire UX design process. Research users and market. Document friction points. Sketch and pitch improvements to experience. Design the interaction points. Create the visual design layer. Develop a prototype. Usability test the experience. Spec the details, collaborate with developers and launch applications.
- Mentor staff designers and product managers. Help teams build talent and external resources. Train teams on design process and best practice for successful applications.
- Help CEOs focus. Deliver product direction and investor decks.
Clients - Projects:
- invoice2go.com - Evaluate and enhance the core invoicing mobile product experience
- Waggl - Research, sketch and map a better marketing experience
- Insureon - Research, concept and deliver an efficient insurance agent experience
- Cleanfund - Help team launch a financing application
- Modemetric - Create the executive persona experience for analytics
- Stubhub - Design a tablet app for field to process ticket sellers and buyers
- Manywho - Simplify how users build workflow applications
- Stubhub - Create the next generation call center agent UX
- Levaty - Design a geo mapping insight tablet application
- Facebook - Improve Facebook at Work productivity tools
- Monj - Deliver a mobile health lifestyle application
- Tout - Design new UX for a video ad sharing platform
- Cisco - Provide fresh ideas for global router management app
- Multipop - Redesign app that transforms video with interactive content
- Red Tricycle - Create mobile app for sharing family activities
San Francisco, California : 2/2010 - 5/2014
Principal Interaction Designer | Strategic Projects
- Mentor designers across different clouds and achieve a unified experience vision. Create UX guidelines for evaluating design. Are we making the experience simpler? faster? smarter? and more delightful?
- Design and prototype the iPad version of Salesforce One mobile.
- Explore, concept and design ideas for a more productive mobile feed on sales accounts. Create a vision for the feed team.
- Pitched big screen value. Designed and prototyped a more efficient productivity experience that leverages a large 27" screens.
- Concept a productivity mobile application for salespeople and named it "Make My Day."
- Created mDeck. A jquery plugin that enables slide presentations and rapid prototyping in one simple to use HTML document.
Senior UX Manager | Head of Service Cloud UX
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of talented designers.
- Provide design direction across Service Cloud products. Service cloud projects include: Knowledge, Agent Console, Cases, and Customer Support Portal.
- Create a vision for a multi-channel agent experience.
- Pitch and fund next generation design projects.
- Design & prototype unfunded Service Cloud products.
- Create a vision for the next-generation of customer support. Evangelize the idea of social support throughout the company. Design a prototype and test possible interaction scenarios and refine the product. Launched a new product for Salesforce.com called Service Cloud Communities (renamed Chatter Answers).
Redwood Shores, California : 3/2000 - 2/2010
Design Director | Think.com & ThinkQuest.org
- Successfully managed the product direction, interaction design, visual design, and branding for the following web applications: Think.com: An educational application that encourages kids to create, communicate and collaborate. The application had 500k user. ThinkQuest: A global student website competition and a library. The site had 3 million visits a month.
- People Management: Mentored, recruited and managed talented designers.
- Interaction Design: Created intuitive applications to meet users’ needs
and achieve application goals. Authored design specifications that include:
interaction models, work flows, wire frames, information architectures, and
user interfaces. Developed the necessary prototypes to use during
testing. Incorporated direct user feedback into the design cycle.
- Product Management: Defined the features that enabled online social
learning. Created the future product plan. Sold the plan to our board of directors,
team and partners. Segmented the plan into iterative enhancements and managed
delivery. Partnered with engineering to implement product direction
- Visual Design: Illustrated images that appeal to a global audience.
Art directed and designed interface elements and patterns.
- Brand Management: Developed promotion collateral to market the programs
via print and online advertisements.
Design Director | New Internet Computer Company
- Designed the interaction, visual and brand experience of the $200 Linux Internet Appliance. NIC was a company owned by Larry Ellison. The project included all interaction design, software visual design, and company branding.
Team Video International
Washington, DC : 4/1997 - 3/2000
Art Director | Head of Design + Animation
- Established and managed a design and animation department; hired designer, managed budgets and projects, and brought in new business via client proposals and story boards.
- Art directed, designed and animated promotion spots, show opens, and TV network ID packages for BBC America, TLC, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, PBS, NBC4 and ABC7.
- Edited complete promo spots for BBC America and a HiDef documentary for PBS.
- Nominated for an Emmy in 5/2000 for my graphics work on BBC America and Discovery Health.
Interface Video Production
- Designed and story boarded video graphics, animated 3D projects utilizing SGI computers and Alias|Wavefront software.
- Developed unique particle and animation scripts to achieve desired visual effects.
Portfolio of Projects
Micro UX Blog
UX Design Process
- Customer Service (CRM)
- Platform Tools
- Social Apps
- Social Learning
- Consumer Apps
- Internet Devices
Named as Inventor on Customer Service Patents: US20120130910, 20170115829, 9569060, 20140033076, 20140032713
Bachelors Degree: Finance
Academy of Arts University Graduate Program, Corcoran School of Art, and Berkeley Extension
Classes in: 3D Modeling, Animation, Sculpture, Design, Typography, Photography, Illustration and Painting